[Live-devel] Trap in exit()

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Mar 21 02:52:46 PDT 2009

>VERY seldom, I get a trap in FramedSource::getNextFrame( ... ) where
>the flag fIsCurrentlyAwaitingData is true, thus causing the exit()

This "exit()" indicates that there's a serious error - in your code.
It means exactly what it says: You are trying to read from the same
object more than once simultaneously.

The cause of this is usually that your code is calling
"FramedSource::afterGetting()" when it shouldn't.  Your
"doGetNextFrame()" implementation must call
"FramedSource::afterGetting()" exactly once (and no more) each time.
It must do this only after you have successfully delivered incoming
data to the downstream object.