[Live-devel] H.264 NAL confusion

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Mar 26 17:30:29 PDT 2009

>1. I have my stream running, but I can't seem to get VLC to digest
>it.  Should VLC be able to play it?

Yes, but this is not a VLC mailing list.

>2. Do I need to do anything with PPS and SPS information?

Yes.  You need to Base-64-encode each of these special NAL units,
concatenate the resulting strings together with the comma (',')
character, and pass the resulting string as the
"sprop_parameter_sets_str" parameter to
"H264VideoRTPSink::createNew()".

>   My encoder supplies it but I don't currently do anything with it.
>This could be my problem (?).

Yes.  (I wonder, what were you passing as the
"sprop_parameter_sets_str" parameter before??  That parameter is
there for a reason.