[Live-devel] Streaming live AMR

atul tripathi atulrtripathi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 05:33:59 PDT 2009

Hi,

I am new to live-world.
I need to stream live amr data using live-555.

For this i have written a buffer(subclass of FramedSource).
I am converting the live raw audio to amr(sample: 8000Hz, bit-rate: 12200)
using ffmpeg and writing to the buffer.

I have modified *AMRAudioFileServerMediaSubsession *to take my buffer as
source instead of AMRAudioFileSource.
I also modified *AMRAudioRTPSink *to take my buffer as source instead of
AMRAudioSource.

But when i start steaming, then i am getting some musical sound or silence.
But when i am writing the same data(encoded by ffmpeg) to a .amr file then
it is fine.

I am reading the frame in the same way as *AMRAudioFileSource* do in
doGetNextFrame().

Do we need some different read logic for live amr data?

Thanks in advance,
Atul