[Live-devel] Infinite loop in liveMedia/MediaSession.cpp with Windows CE

Denis Charmet dcharmet at uniways.fr
Mon May 11 00:33:06 PDT 2009

Hello,

I'd like to report a bug in MediaSubsession::initiate. Windows CE/Mobile
shitty IPstack sometimes seems to always return the same odd port so
initiate() loops and creates sockets until the device hasn't enough memory.

The Hashtable mechanism won't work as the result socketHashTable->Add()
isn't checked. If the port was already used it returns the old value but
it won't be freed.

Lastely, the Hashtable is only released when the operation successes.

I hope this can help and I'm working on a patch quite similar to Pierre
Ynard's one.

Best regards.

--
Denis Charmet