[Live-devel] doubt about H264VideoRTPSink

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon May 18 07:51:07 PDT 2009

>I'm trying to stream an H264 file with livemedia, but I'm having a
>problem with the framerate.

The rate at which outgoing stream data gets sent is determined by the
object (or chain of objects) that feeds into the "H264VideoRTPSink",
not the "H264VideoRTPSink" itself.  In particular, make sure that
you are setting the "fDurationInMicroseconds" and "fPresentationTime"
parameters correctly.

>so I think I have to change the line "a=rtpmap:96 H264/90000"

No - do not change this!  The 90000 is the RTP timestamp frequency.
For MPEG video streams (including H.264), this is always 90000.  It
has nothing to do with the video frame rate, or the rate at which
data gets transmitted.

>so 90000 seems to be hard coded.

Yes, see above.