[Live-devel] Problem streaming *.mpeg4 file using testOnDemandRTSPServer.exe

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed May 20 01:39:46 PDT 2009

>I have a *.mpeg4 file which contains the mpeg4 SP encoded video. I
>am trying to Stream this using testOnDemandRTSPServer.exe
>application on Windows PC. I just renamed *.mpeg4 file to test.m4e
*
Where did you get the idea that this would work??  A ".mpeg4" file is
*not* a MPEG-4 Video Elementary Stream File.  We don't currently
support streaming from ".mpeg4" (or, equivalently, ".mp4") files.

>I read through some live555 posts and understood that, live555
>doesn't support .mpeg4 file streaming?

Then why did you try it?

>  Let me know what is the reason

Because we haven't implemented it

>  and what is the solution to this problem?

The solution is for someone to implement it.

Geez....   Does everyone now see why I discriminate against people
who use "@gmail.com" email addresses :-)