[Live-devel] live555 bitrate

joeflin joeflin at 126.com
Tue May 26 17:50:53 PDT 2009

Hi, I am using live555 to stream 264 video over the net.

>From VLC, it shows that the bitrate of the received stream is, say, from 1386 kb/s to 2123 kb/s, even I set the bitrate actually to 5000 kb/s.

If I dump the frames to a local file before stream it, then VLC can display this file OK at 5000 kb/s.

So apparently, live555 streaming is limiting the bitrate. (???), or it is instructed to do so (???).

So, I launched wireshark, the trace shows that the time between 2 frames is about 0.0005 seconds. This means, 2000 "sends" per second as a constant? This number * (whatever bytes (upto MTU??) in in each "send") = total bitrate ?? Is this calculation right?
What could effect the 2000?

I tried to change the fDurationInMicroseconds, the result stays the same....

Thanks a ton!