[Live-devel] Using SimpleRTPSource and SimpleRTPSink to record and re-stream H264

bourda guillaume bourdag at gmail.com
Fri May 29 03:03:08 PDT 2009

Hi Ross,

I want want to record various [audio+video] streams  (m4v, m4a, h264,
pcmu...) on my computer and then re-stream it later.
I would like to set a code that works for all types of video and audio
formats. Basically I would receive RTP packets, store their content without
looking at it, and re-send the RTP packets later.

I figured out that the best way to do that was to use SimpleRTPSource and
SimpleRTPSink while storing all SDP and presentation times related infos.
It seems to work fine for a M4V/M4A(MPEG4-GENERIC) stream but doesn't work
for an H264 stream: when I re-stream H264, the client says "unsupported NAL
type for H264".

Can you give me some hint on what I should look for?
Thanks in advance