[Live-devel] Stop/restart RTP source

Dong Liu dliu.cn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 05:49:36 PST 2009

Ross Finlayson wrote:
>> Am I doing the right thing when doing stop and start the RTP stream?
>
> I think so.  But what are you using for your server?  I *think* our
> RTP/RTCP server implementation will handle this correctly (because RTCP
> packets should continue to get sent even after the stream is stopped).
> But other implementations might not handle this properly.

I'm using a real time encoder. The encoder is not a RTSP server, I'm using
a SDP file to connect to it. So I have no way to tell the encoder to stop.

But I have two questions, first should removing the all the stats from the
stats db in RTPSource.cpp been down when we call stopPlaying()? Second
because I'm not calling doEventLoop(), how the RTCP packets are sent?

Thanks,

Dong