[Live-devel] Slow connection problem with RTP over RTSP/TCP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Nov 19 18:53:28 PST 2009

>Question: does Live555 provide a feedback mechanisms for loss,
>jitter, etc. (basically some way of getting the RTCP stats) so I can
>tweak the encoder in real-time to fit network conditions?

Yes - note the classes "RTPTransmissionStatsDB" and
"RTPTransmissionStats", defined in "liveMedia/include/RTPSink.hh".

There's no application code that demonstrates how to use this, but
similar classes (for 'reception stats') are used by the "openRTSP"
demo client (see "testProgs/playCommon.cpp").  If you search for
"RTPReceptionStats" in that file, you should be able to figure out
how to access the "RTPTransmissionStats" in your server code.