[Live-devel] problem when outputting raw H264 stream

Guillaume Grimaldi guillaume.grimaldi at c-s.fr
Fri Nov 20 02:55:25 PST 2009

Ross Finlayson a écrit :

>>> Because those media players (which are not our software, BTW) happen
>>> not to support playing a 'raw' H.264 file.
>>>
>> Hi everybody.
>> Did you say that common players like vlc can not read h264 raw stream ?
>
> No, I said that they cannot play a H.264 raw *file* (but you'd have to
> ask their developers to be sure).
>

>>  So if I stream a H264VideoRTP, I can not read my stream with those
>> media players.
>
> Yes you can (at least with VLC), because it implements RTSP/RTP, and
> the RTP payload format for H.264.
>

>> Another point. I just want to stream on RTP and not on RTSP. Can I do
>> that with liveMedia ? All of your example implement RTSP Server but I
>> do not that on my implementation. This is maybe why I can not read my
>> stream.. What do you think about that ?
>
> Yes, that's quite possible, because without a RTSP server, the client
> (media player) might not get the SPS and PPS NAL unit data that it
> needs to properly decode the H.264 stream.
>
> You should be using a RTSP server.
ok, thank you for your advice.
But where can I specify SPS and PPS NAL ? When I try to connect with my
client to "rtsp://localhost:1025/liveMedia0", it say me "waiting for
SPS/PPS".
I think I specify this in my RTSPServer, but I do not know where exactly
( This is maybe a attribute of a ServerMediaSession or must I create a
sdp file ?)

Thank you for your help.