[Live-devel] GET_PARAMETERS used as a ping request and VLC

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Nov 25 16:28:11 PST 2009

>1) Is there a way to change the OPTIONS response?

Yes, by modifying the code in "RTSPServer.cpp" :-)

Until we fix the problem (at least at the server end), that's the
only way I can see to overcome this issue - unless VLC is fixed to
not use "GET_PARAMETER" as a client liveness indicator.  It doesn't
really need to do this, because RTCP already acts as a (much better)
client liveness indicator.  But perhaps the VLC developers did this
in order to support some other (broken) server implementation that
didn't recognize RTCP "RR" packets from the clients??