[Live-devel] Problem when streaming large size frames

Kam Wai-ip galaxy at novosun.com
Mon Nov 30 18:30:23 PST 2009

Hi, I am currently working on something that needs to streaming live mjpeg,
mpeg4 and h264 videos to client player(usually mplayer).
My program gets number of frames of one the those three videos per second,
it works very well when the frame size is small.
However, when the size of frame increased(by increasing resolution, bitrate
and framerate), but it no longer run smoothly anymore, which i get lots
glitches on mplayer, this problem usually happen on h264 and mpeg4, it seems
mjpeg still works fine.
Therefore I use openRTSP to record the video into avi file, but no luck.
Is there anything to do about the performance of live555? I cant really
figure out the problem, please help.
Thanks for your time
Wai