[Live-devel] Live Media Server streaming for H264 over TS supporting trick mode

Victor Domingo victord at salle.url.edu
Mon Oct 5 08:48:56 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm trying to develop a VoD streaming server for H264 over Transport stream
file and I want to use Live555 media server RTSP with trick mode to allow
seeking, fast forward and reverse forward.

I've been testing
<http://www.live555.com/mediaServer/windows/live555MediaServer.exe>
live555MediaServer.exe application and it works well with MPEG-2 over TS
files, also with trick mode.

I've been reading that you don't support trick mode with H264 codec yet, but
my questions regarding this issue are listed below:

Is it possible to  generate only an index file (.tsx) for the H264/TS file
using our own indexer application?

I understand that first I need to know the .tsx file structure, but is it
possible without changing your server code?

If Server changes are needed, the only changes to be made are into the
corresponding subclass of "
<http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/doxygen/html/classServerMediaSession.html>
ServerMediaSubsession" ?

Many Thanks  in advance