[Live-devel] question about sdp generation in ServerMediaSession and darwin

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Oct 8 07:45:11 PDT 2009

>  >>We've been using the 2008.09. 1220313600 of live55 and everythings
>  >>been dandy. We upgraded to 2009.09.04  1252022400 and seem to have a
>  >>problem with a darwin server. When we place the sdp file that is
>  >>created with the live555 from 2009.09.04  1252022400   we can not
>  >>connect to the stream on our darwin server. Using quicktime
>  >>player[...]
>
>  >OK, so the obvious question now (and the only question that should
>  >concern us) is: What is different between these two SDP files (the
>  >old one that works, and the new one that doesn't)?

[...]

>the biggest difference is in the sprop-parameter-sets= and the
>number ontop in the 0=-  I think the real issue is in the
>sprop-parameter-sets=

Well, that string is derived from whatever H.264 video stream data
you used to generate the SDP description in the first place.  If it's
different between the two versions, it's because the video stream
data was different (i.e., had different SPS and PPS NAL units)
between the two.

It's possible, though that the longer SDP 'session id' string in the
new "o=" line is causing Darwin problems.  The new, longer id is
perfectly legal, but perhaps Darwin doesn't like it.  You can test
this by swapping the two "o=" lines and seeing what happens.