[Live-devel] Reliable UDP -- does it make sense?

Pannaman, Jonathan Jonathan.Pannaman at espn.com
Mon Oct 26 19:25:39 PDT 2009

I have switched to BasicUDPSink and have got passed the exit() problem, however in the deviceSource it runs doGetNextFrame once in the loop but then crashes with an access violation when trying to send an error to the environment when it is trying to output the packet. It appears the environment pointer and the socket is invalid at this point. I have checked where all the createNew functions are executed that the environment and groupSock pointers are passed in okay.

The only function that is not standard is the deviceSource class, this has the env pointer passed to the FramedSource in the constructor. Is there anything else I need to do with this (or groupSock) in my deviceSource?

also the eventloop stops if doGetNextFrame gets no data, is there a recommended way to keep the loop going until data is available from the source?

Thanks