[Live-devel] problem by changing the framerate

Ottavio Campana ottavio at videotec.com
Tue Oct 27 07:23:21 PDT 2009

Hi,

I have a program that I use to stream PAL video encoded with H.264.
Everything works fine, but if I try to halve the framerate the player
VLC crashes, while mplayer works (but I think it does some form of
concealment).

By investigating the problem with VLC, it complains that frames arrive
late, and by looking with wireshark the RTP packets I see that both in
the cases of 25 and 12.5 fps the timestamp field is always incremented
by 3600, and I think this is the cause of the problem.

Since I use a custom DeviceSource, I tried to set
fDurationInMicroseconds to the correct value, but it seems not to have
any effect.

So, my questions are:

* do you think that VLC problems are due to the wrong value of the
timestamps?

* if yes, how can I fix their values?

* 3600? is it correct? isn't it for NTSC? For PAL shouldn't it be 40000?

Thank for your help,

Ottavio