[Live-devel] problem by changing the framerate

Ottavio Campana ottavio at videotec.com
Tue Oct 27 18:06:09 PDT 2009

Ross Finlayson ha scritto:
>> I have a program that I use to stream PAL video encoded with H.264.
>> Everything works fine, but if I try to halve the framerate the player
>> VLC crashes, while mplayer works (but I think it does some form of
>> concealment).
>
> I can't help you with VLC; this is not a VLC mailing list.

well, I used VLC because it makes use of live555.

> However, you should - as always - make sure that each of your H.264 NAL
> units (coming from your "H264VideoStreamFramer" subclass)
> 1/ Have an accurate "fPresentationTime" (which is aligned with the 'wall
> clock' time that you'd get by calling "gettimeofday()", and
> 2/ Have accurate "fDurationInMicroseconds" values
>
> Since the only thing you've changed is the frame rate, perhaps one or
> both of these things didn't get changed correctly?

is it normal that fDurationInMicroseconds is set to 0 each time
deliverFrame is called?

> You shouldn't have to know or care about RTP timestamps; these will get
> set automatically by the code, provided that the "fPresentationTime"s
> are correct.  (H.264-over-RTP always uses a 90000 Hz RTP timestamp
> frequency.)  (Therefore any future questions about RTP timestamps will
> be ignored.)

ok, I'll dig into fPresentationTime.

I'm sorry to bother you, but I have a quick question, I'd like you just
to tell me yes or no: when the framerate changes, am I correct to expect
that the delta in terms of timestamps between rtp packets varies?
Because if this is true, it means that I'm making a mistake somewhere
else, right?

Thanks for your help,

Ottavio