[Live-devel] H.264 ES streaming

Stas Desyatnlkov stas at tech-mer.com
Wed Sep 2 07:04:56 PDT 2009

Answering my own question:
The spec is Amendment 3: Transport of AVC video data over ITU-T Rec. H.222.0 | ISO/IEC 13818-1 stream. As usual its full of semantic changes of the original spec and not a streamlined spec ready to be implemented but at least it's a direction.

AFAIK it says to grab the NAL packets with the start code (so called byte stream) and push it into TS PES along with service packets like SPS, PPS, SEI, . The problem is time stamp conversion which looks like a project on its own.
I guess there is no derived FramedSource class that can take NAL packets and feed the streamer correctly or is it?
Question is will the VLC and MPlayer be able to play this right once such a FramedSource sibling is created?