[Live-devel] RTSPClientSession and doEventLoop in a dynamic server

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Sep 4 10:08:23 PDT 2009

>Another solution would be to turn off backgroundReadHandling whilst
>performing a DESCRIBE.  Then turn it on again after the DESCRIBE is
>complete.

That seems like a reasonable solution to your problem.  Because you
are breaking up your server implementation of "DESCRIBE" into two
separate events, it makes sense to not handle any new commands from
the client until the second, 'bootstrapping' event completes.

>   This does not seem a general purpose solution tho, as what if I
>have another function where doEventLoop is called.

I don't see the point here.  The solution you've proposed sounds good to me.