[Live-devel] NAL file reader

Stas Desyatnlkov stas at tech-mer.com
Sun Sep 13 04:16:18 PDT 2009

That's true, the packaging of the NAL units into MPG2 TS looks like a waste of bandwidth. But this is what the client application expects.
They want us to add video, audio and some custom data into TS and stream it over to a standard player (Elecard).
There is a standard way to put NAL byte stream into TS, I just have to figure out how to deal with the time stamps and other H.264 specific details. In order to get the video and sequence details my sender will probably have to parse the SEI, SPS and PPS messages and form the TS accordingly.
I just wonder if anyone has already done that before and can help me get there faster?