[Live-devel] Debugging live 555 on vlc

Sharmistha Chatterjee sharmi.chatterjee at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 01:37:52 PDT 2009

Hi,

I could see all the RTSP commands the options, request and describe
parameters but in between function calls I am writting debug messages as it
has already been done inside the library of live 555 .

I could not see those messages which are specified within stdout or stderr.

So where is the output of stderr and stdout goes to in the debug flag of
live 555 library. One such example is /live/liveMedia/RTCP.cpp.

Configure used is linux-gdb and I am building inside scratchbox environment
for running it on maemo.

It will be nice to know what changes needs to be done for printing the
output of the debug flag in the console or to a file while running VLC.

Sharmistha

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 9:56 AM, Sébastien Escudier
<sebastien-devel at celeos.eu> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Quoting Sharmistha Chatterjee <sharmi.chatterjee at gmail.com>:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am new to live 555. I want to get the debug messages of live 555 while
> > am getting the debug messages of VLC. I am using the linux/gdb config
> file
> > of live 555 to generate make files. Also I am running VLC on maemo.
> >
> > Can anyone give me some pointers how I could get the debug message of
> live
> > 555 on the console or into a file.
>
> If you start vlc with -vvv from command line, you will see all RTSP
> commands in
> the console.

Sharmistha Chatterjee.
BTech  I.T