[Live-devel] H264FUAFragmenter glibc error

Jarvis, M. Simon mjarvis at draper.com
Tue Sep 22 08:53:11 PDT 2009

I have been using the live555 media library for streaming H.264 encoded
data stream, on an ARM based embedded linux platform. It is working for
the most part, except for Stopping the stream, at which point I get the
following glibc error:

~H264FUAFragmenter()

fInputBuffer = 0xfcbb0

*** glibc detected *** ./cap_encode_omap3530.x470MV: double free or
corruption (

!prev): 0x000fcbb0 ***

I have traced this down to the H264FUAFragmenter destruction.  The two
line just prior to the glibc error are my debug printf's.  If I comment
out the

delete[] fInputBuffer;

It works better the first time, but then eventually crashes
subsequently.  I'm guessing by removing the delete I end up with a
memory leak and then eventually run out of memory.  I also put check for
NULL on the fInputBuffer pointer, but as you can see from the printf the
pointer is not NULL but still throws the memory error.

Has anyone seen this kind of error?  Does anyone have any suggestions
for troubleshooting this further?

Thanks for your help.

Simon