[Live-devel] question for RTSP/RTP sequence number

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Sep 23 22:32:54 PDT 2009

>1. does livemedia have mechanism to reorder the RTP packet by
>sequence number if the client doesn't receive in order??

Yes, and this is done automatically.  (I.e., you don't have to do
anything special to get this.)  RTP receivers (that use our code)
will *never* get out-of-order data.

>2. if 1 is yes, how long will livemedia  drop the late RTP packet??

By default,  if a sequence number packet gap is seen, the code will
wait 100000 microseconds (i.e., 100 ms) for the late packet to
arrive, before it is dropped.  However, you can change this threshold
using the function

void MultiFramedRTPSource::setPacketReorderingThresholdTime(unsigned uSeconds)