[Live-devel] Proposed change to DarwinInjector.cpp/.hh

Jeremy Noring jnoring at logitech.com
Thu Sep 24 18:32:35 PDT 2009

I've been testing with the DarwinInjector to push to a server online for
redistribution, and one thing I noticed is the timeout value for the initial
connection to Darwin isn't exposed, so if a push attempt is made to a server
that's unavailable for whatever reason, DarwinInjector->setDestination()
does not return.

So I exposed the timeout value in the DarwinInjector->setDestination()
method, with a default value of -1 so it's compatible with existing code.

Here's the diff for DarwinInjector.hh:

76c76,77
<              char const* sessionCopyright = "");
---
>              char const* sessionCopyright = "",
>              int timeout = -1);

Diff for DarwinInjector.cpp:

112c112,113
<          char const* sessionCopyright) {
---
>          char const* sessionCopyright,
>          int timeout) {
189c190
<     = fRTSPClient->announceWithPassword(url, sdp, remoteUserName,
remotePassword);
---
>     = fRTSPClient->announceWithPassword(url, sdp, remoteUserName,
remotePassword, timeout);
191c192
<       announceSuccess = fRTSPClient->announceSDPDescription(url, sdp);
---
>       announceSuccess = fRTSPClient->announceSDPDescription(url, sdp,
NULL, timeout);

I didn't see another way to configure the timeout, but if I missed
something, let me know.