[Live-devel] Streaming in H264 from DV cam (live source)

Ben Hutchings ben at decadent.org.uk
Mon Sep 28 19:03:08 PDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 13:32 +0200, Alexandre Maumené wrote:

> Alexandre Maumené
>  to live-devel
> show details 1:29 PM (2
> minutes ago)
>

> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm trying to stream in h264 from a DV camera.
> I've wrote some modifications for h264 streaming and it work well for
> a plain file.
>
> But now I want to do it in live. I'm running FreeBSD, my DV cam is
> plugged in firewire and I can get DV stream with fwcontrol.
> I've modify testOnDemandRTSPServer for using my h264 implementation,
> and to make it read from stdin
> So I try something like that : fwcontrol -M dv -R - | ffmpeg -i -
> -vcodec libx264 -r 12 -s cif -flags2 aud -an -f h264 -
> | ./testOnDemandRTSPServer
> When VLC start to play, ffmpeg start to encode but even after a while,
> no video appears.
>
> ffmpeg start to encode with a bunch of this error:
> AC EOB marker is absent pos=89
> AC EOB marker is absent pos=68
> AC EOB marker is absent pos=65
> AC EOB marker is absent pos=64
> AC EOB marker is absent pos=107
> AC EOB marker is absent pos=64
> AC EOB marker is absent pos=65
> AC EOB marker is absent pos=64
> Last message repeated 2 times
> and I don't know the meaning of this messages.

I believe these indicate errors in the DV stream.  The DV format is very
robust so these should not prevent decoding, but they can result in
visible glitches.  You could try changing the cable.  If you tested by
playing a tape, maybe it's time to clean the tape heads.

> So my question is how I can feed my RTSP server to stream in live from
> my dv cam?

testOnDemandRTSPServer requires static files with specific names.  It
can't be used to stream the standard input.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Who are all these weirdos? - David Bowie, about L-Space IRC channel #afp