[Live-devel] Comparison of streamed data for TCP and UDP

Sharda Murthi sharda.murthi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 21:13:48 PDT 2009

Hi,

I am new to using live555 media server. I am trying to compare the quality
of media streaming over TCP and UDP. I understand that this can be done
using the openRTSP client. However, this client generates 2 separate audio
and video files. Is there any way I can play them both together while they
are being streamed? The -Q option with openRTSP indicates that there is no
packet-loss (since I am performing local streaming), however, the files
sizes of the audio and video files do not add up to the original file size.
Is there something I am missing out on?

What is the best way for me to compare streaming quality for TCP and UDP on
the live555 media server?