[Live-devel] Problems with RTSPClient, CSeq variable and SANYO network cameras ...

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Apr 1 19:06:33 PDT 2010

>I've found out that when you run a few different instances of RTSP
>clients in separate threads CSeq number is not increased by one with
>each consecutive request.
>It's because CSeq number is a static variable in RTSPClient.

This is a perfect illustration of why you are not supposed to run
LIVE555 library code in multiple threads.  (Have you read the FAQ
entry about threads?  If not, then why not (because you were asked to
read the FAQ before you subscribed/posted to the mailing list)?)

Instead, you should be using a single event loop (in a single thread)
- even to make multiple RTSP client requests.