[Live-devel] Problems with RTSPClient, CSeq variable and SANYO network cameras ...

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Apr 2 00:28:46 PDT 2010

>This is what I'm doing and haven't had a problem yet with our test
>servers. What I'm more interested in is from the original post:
>
>Does LiveMedia library conform to RTSP standard in this matter or
>maybe it is a bug in Sanyo devices ?
>
>I would think that even in single-threaded usage, if multiple RTSP
>client requests are required, then the CSeq would still increase by
>more than one.

Yes, and this probably does, indeed, violate the RTSP specification.
I originally made "fCSeq" a static variable because I was worried
about a server possibly getting confused if the same CSeq value were
used by two separate requests from the same client host using the
same URL - something that could happen if fCSeq were made a
(non-static) member variable.  (Note my comment in
"liveMedia/include/RTSPClient.hh")  In practice, however, this is
probably not going to be a problem for most servers (because each
request would use a separate TCP connection).  Therefore, because we
have now seen a server that - instead - has problems with the current
implementation, I'll change it in the next release of the software.