[Live-devel] Problems with RTSPClient, CSeq variable and SANYO network cameras ...

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Apr 2 00:34:26 PDT 2010

>I interpret what the OP is doing as this section in the FAQ:
>
>"Another possible way to access the code from multiple threads is to
>have each thread use its own "UsageEnvironment" and "TaskScheduler"
>objects, and thus its own event loop. The objects created by each
>thread (i.e., using its own "UsageEnvironment") must not interact
>(except via global variables)."

Possibly, but remember that the "OP" used a "@gmail.com" address,
which tags him as a noob (absence strong evidence to the contrary
:-).  Unfortunately, I've found that such people frequently do not
read the FAQ.

>...if there's a dedicated thread for each RTSPClient, with its own
>UsageEnvironment and TaskScheduler objects, is that a valid
>configuration of the library?

Yes, although this is still not recommended - because of possible
hidden 'gotchas' like this one.