[Live-devel] XVid + Live555

Clemens Arth clemens.arth at gmx.at
Fri Apr 16 01:04:24 PDT 2010

Hi,

I just found a single post from quite some time ago discussing this
issue without real outcome. My goal is to compress live camera input
from a windows mobile or android phone, probably with XVID, and stream
it over Live555 and WLAN to a single client. From the sources I have
seen that there are many different media formats supported, however, I
haven't seen anything related to xvid. Now, I have two questions:

1) Does someone have a solution for streaming xvid content that he/she
can share? I'm neither into xvid nor live555, so any help here is
appreciated.
2) Assuming xvid streaming does not work out, can someone point me to
other video encoder sources that are freely available? Unfortunately I
haven't found any other compact libraries other than xvid so far.

Thanks in advance!
Regards