[Live-devel] First Application

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Apr 21 09:54:38 PDT 2010

>Okay, I understand. But do I've to use doEventLoop()? If yes, how
>can I say doEventLoop to run the continuePlaying()-methode of my
>subclass?

You do what "openRTSP" (and the other receiving demo applications) do:
	- Call	YourSinkObject->startPlaying(...)	then
	- Call	doEventLoop()
The call to "startPlaying(...)" will cause your "continuePlaying()"
function to be called the first time.  After that, you call it again,
after you receive (and process) incoming data.  See the code for
"FileSink" for an illustration of how this works.

>And how can I run an Qt-app while doEventLoop runs? I mean do
>EventLoop() never returns or can I make two threads?

Yes, provided that the Qt thread does not iteract with the "LIVE555
event loop" thread - except perhaps using global variables.  See the
FAQ.