[Live-devel] Help with multicast

Marta Gros Marín mgros at linceo.es
Wed Apr 28 04:58:47 PDT 2010

Thanks for your answers.

Dom:I'm connected to Router SpeedTouch 585 through a Switch D-link
DES-1008D.

Ross: Sorry for the misunderstanding, I wasn't asking about VLC, I was just
pointing that out in case it helped.

The problem is that I don't know if I'm doing it correct, if I am really
transmitting in multicast, and that I don't know if I was supposed to be
able to connect to the multicast address directly.

And another question is, right now as I said I can't connect directly to
the multicast address, but, do you know if I would be able to do it if my
router were multicast?

Thanks in advance.

Marta