[Live-devel] Playlists

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Apr 30 14:12:09 PDT 2010

>We are running some tests with Live555 to generate rtsp live streams. We have
>encoded several videos in .ts format and would like to run a playlist so one
>video plays after the next, or loop a video so it runs continuously.
>Any idea on
>how to do that?

Yes, you can use a "ByteStreamMultiFileSource" - rather than a
"ByteStreamFileSource" - as your input.  You will need to implement
your own subclass of "ServerMediaSubsession" - similar to
"MPEG2TransportFileServerMediaSubsession" - to do this.  (You would
not be able to implement 'trick play' operations (except perhaps for
'seek') without a *lot* of extra work, though.)