[Live-devel] Crash in RTSPServer.cpp

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Apr 30 16:19:51 PDT 2010

>...at this point, our application on the camera crashes.  I'm not sure
>if this gives you any clues or not.

Not a lot, unfortunately.  Can you run something like "valgrind" that
will give you more detailed information about where/why the crash is
occurring?

>   I'm going to try the same thing
>with VLC and RTP-over-UDP to see if I get similar results.

I suspect that the problem has to do with the modifications that we
made in version 2010.03.14 to handle RTSP commands sent within a
RTP-over-TCP session.  If that's the case, I would not expect to see
problem occur if you used only RTP-over-UDP sessions.  It's probably
worth testing this, though.

It would be nice to find a simple, repeatable sequence of client
operations that cause the crash.  E.g., does crash ever happen if
there are two complete "DESCRIBE, SETUP, SETUP, PLAY, TEARDOWN"
sequences in order (i.e., not overlapping), or does it occur only
when two such sequences overlap?  Once you've found a repeatable
situation that causes the crash, then you could also test with
RTP-over-UDP, and with "reuseFirstSource" set to False.