[Live-devel] Using openRTSP to receive and decode h264 stream

Estelle W. Paus ewpaus at pobox.com
Thu Aug 19 16:41:44 PDT 2010

Hi,

Regarding your FAQ entry, "Can I stream H.264 video via RTP? None of the
test programs illustrate this." I have a couple of questions.

I'm using your live555 library to receive RTSP.  I have been using
mplayer as a guide as suggested on the openRTSP page.  I am  also using
the libavcodec decoder, but it doesn't work.  I noticed in your FAQ you
said that h264 could be used with your live555 library if you implement
currentNALUnitEndsAccessUnit().   But I cannot find this function used
anywhere in the mplayer source tree.  At what point in initialization of
live555 would you create H264VideoStreamFramer class that implements
it?  And to what do you give it?

I've been working on this problem for 2 months now and I just keep
hitting walls. I know it's been done.  Do you have any insight that
could help?

I seem to be receiving packets.  My problem starts with the decoder
unable to decode any frames.
Thank you,
Estelle