[Live-devel] JPEG multicast relay

Cifrzak Gmail cifrzak at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 05:15:17 PDT 2010

   Hi all,

I have a situation where I have a relay host connected to two networks.
On one there are cameras streaming JPEG frames via multicast (they use
PassiveServerMediaSubsesson and JPEGVideoRTPSink with custom source
class), on the other I have the clients which need to receive those
streams.
I'm not allowed to setup routing between the two networks.
I was planning to run a relay between the two networks, which would
receive the multicast streams and make them available on the client-side
network, but with no success.
My camera streamers do work (tested with VLC on their network), I can
also receive data to a file on the relay. I can't re-stream it on the
relay.

The relay call flow is this:
request stream information from camera via RTSP (works)
retrieve FramedSource from the camera stream subsession (works)
create rtp and rtcp groupsocks for streaming (works)
create JPEGVideoRTPSink with above rtp groupsock (works)
create RTCPInstance with the sink (works)
create PassiveServerMediaSubsession using the sink and add it to relay RTSP
send play command (works)
sink->startPlaying() using the FramedSource

I can't receive the stream streamed by relay host. RTSP commands are
being exchanged but no data comes out afterwards.

So the working vs non-working case is the relay can save to a file, but
can't re-stream

As you can see I have only vague knowledge about live555/streaming. Any
help on the JPEG multicast relay is much appreciated.

Many thanks