[Live-devel] Getting the FPS at the client side

Pushkar Pradhan pushkar at ipvideosys.com
Mon Aug 30 11:04:08 PDT 2010

________________________________

From: live-devel-bounces at ns.live555.com on behalf of Sagi Ben Moshe
Sent: Mon 8/30/2010 10:00 AM
To: live-devel at ns.live555.com
Subject: [Live-devel] Getting the FPS at the client side

Hi Ross,

At the client streamer, when I get a video link (Mpeg4 or H264) I get a set of parameters but the subsession->videoFPS() (frames per second) is set to zero.

How can I get the Fps of the video link?

We use Live555 as our server to stream from real video source (h264 or mpeg4). Maybe we should set something at the server side?

Thanks,

Sagi

Hi Sagi,

I don't think you can always get the FPS from the SDP, i.e. it is not mandatory to set the fps in the sdp. For some codecs this info might be available in the bitstream itself.  What do you plan to do with the FPS? By the way you can always estimate it in your sink.

pushkar