[Live-devel] key frames (I-frames) in the recorded AVI file

Dmitry Petrenko demask at mail.ru
Tue Dec 14 13:30:09 PST 2010

Re: [Live-devel] key frames (I-frames) in the recorded AVIHello Ross,

I have implemented some functionality related to AVI indecies in AVIFileSink class. It is yet pretty basic. But after all, it feets my needs for the video recording. If you (or somebody else) likes I can share the source code here.

Features:
- reuses some code from mpeg4ip (not the library itself, but *some code* to parse frames)
- supports AVI 1.0 index (advantage is the simplicity and compatibility with most AVI players, disadvantage is the support limited to files < 2Gb only)
- supports MP4V-ES streams

TODOs:
- implement AVI OpenDML index to support files > 2Gb
- add support for other stream types (e.g. H.264 and so on)

Kind regards,
Dmitriy Petrenko