[Live-devel] Sysclock sanity check causes slow-motion MPEG-2 TS playback from live555MediaServer

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Dec 31 06:53:16 PST 2010

>This causes MPEG-2 TS videos to play in slow motion on CentOS 3.x
>boxes, but not on our CentOS 5.x boxes.

Does this happen with all of your MPEG-2 TS video files, or only with
some of them?

My current suspicion is that something strange about your TS file(s)
is (somehow) causing the duration estimate computation in
"MPEG2TransportStreamFramer" to go negative.  The new 'sanity check'
in "MultiFramedRTPSink" will overcome this, but perhaps this is also
(somehow) exposing some problem with your TS file(s) that happened to
get hidden in the old code?

It might be useful to see an example of a TS file that illustrates the problem.