[Live-devel] WM-DRM

Jeremy Noring jnoring at logitech.com
Tue Feb 2 18:05:49 PST 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 8:39 AM, ziyad sharafudheen
<ziyad.sharaf at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are using live555 server for VOD streaming currently the media files
> being in transport stream format.
>
> We have a requirement for integrating WM-DRM to protect the VOD over IP.
>
> Does live555 works with WM-DRM. How will the encryption be applied:
>
>    1. Will it be on the streaming output buffer
>    2. Or, can live555 stream the packaged media file (encrypted). In this
>    case, WM-DRM rights manager might package the file as a .*asf*format. Will live555 server streams .asf formats. If so how can we apply
>    trick mode on such files.

As far as I know, there is no standard RTP payload for WM codecs, and
typically implementations will use Windows Media Services, Windows Media
Encoder, or the WMFSDK to stream ASF/WMV/WMA content.  If you do not need
low-latency performance, this is vastly easier than using Live555.