[Live-devel] How to transmit multiple live streams?

Richy Mong richymong at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 18:15:22 PST 2010

Hi Ross,
     Sorry to disturb you again.However,I really need your help.

     I try to transmit multiple stream and i read the following text from
the FAQ:

     However, when using the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code, you should be
familiar with event-driven programming, and understand that an event-driven
application can perform at least as well as one that uses threads (unless
you're actually running on a multiprocessor, in which case it's usually
simpler to have your application consist of multiple processes (not just
threads) - one running on each processor). Note, in particular, that you *do
not* need multiple threads in order to transmit (or receive) multiple
streams concurrently.

     I know I don't need to use multiple threads in my application.But I'm
confused.I want to transmit multiple live stream which may start at
different time(i.e one stream today and another tommorrow).For the
test****stremer, I can use multiple sinks just like
"sink1->startPlaying(), sink2->startPlaying()" .But my server is following
the eaxample of OnDemandRTSPServer and I have live
source.Would you please give some advice?

     Thanks in advance.

     Best regards,
     Richy