[Live-devel] Really blocking?

Němec Alexandr a.nemec at atlas.cz
Wed Feb 10 07:17:06 PST 2010

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
Hi all,
some days ago somebody (Jeremy Noring?) posted the following issue regarding RTSPClient. When using TCP transmission (-t option in openRTSP) then the client can deadlock when the network goes down. This sounds like a big problem because the client generraly should not deadlock on network problems. I tried to reproduce this behaviour, but with no luck. I used openRTSP code for my quick tests, used the -t option and I started some streams from RTSP servers. Then I destroyed the connection several times (cable disconnect etc.) but I was able to finalize the event loop safely with the watch variable with no deadlocks at all. Could anybody (maybe the original poster) put some light on this issue (how to reproduce etc.) ?
Best regards
Alex