[Live-devel] H.264 RTSP/RTP capture

Nuno Cardoso linun77 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 02:03:46 PST 2010

Hi list,

When I use ip cameras that uses rtsp/rtp protocol, if the camera sends the
video stream in mjpeg or mpeg4 the system works well (I'm using live555 to
capture rtsp streams). I receive all the image and send it to the filter
decoder to decompress the image. When the camera sends H.264 over RTP, I
receive one NAL unit in one RTP packet... packetizer mode = 1. I implement a
packetizer like vlc packetizer, but after a few secons I receive this
corrupt input), discarding one.

What I need to do to solve this? Can anyone help me?

Sequence of frames (Hex):

1) 67 42 E0 14 DA 05 82 51 (nal unit type - 7 Sequence Parameter Set)
2) 68 CE 30 A4 80 (nal unit type - 8 Picture Parameter Set)
3) 06 E5 01 88 80 (nal unit type - 6 SEI Supplemental enhancement
information)
4) 65 B8 .... (nal unit type - 5 Coded slice of an IDR picture) first I
picture
5) 61 E2 .... (nal unit type - 1 Coded slice of a non-IDR picture) first P
picture

What I understand from VLC code is that I need to find the first
sincronization start code and join (1, 2, 3 and 4) to contruct one frame to
decode, and frame 5, .... all P frames, and so one.

Have anyone code to do this?

Thanks,
Nuno Cardoso.