[Live-devel] live streaming poor quality in VLC

nishesh chouhan chouhan.nishesh at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 01:29:09 PST 2010

Hi
I am working on an existing application which uses live555 and reads raw
audio and video from socket in 2 diff threads...i
t then encode audio and video and write in a cyclic buffers in the class
derived from FramedSource....i noticed that sending
RTCP SR was disabled I enabled it and after that I see poor quaity
audio/video in VLC I then tried in real player and it works absolutely fine
there....in VLC in see video flicker, sometime blocks..then audio
breaks...also in real player I see 2 streams 1 for audio and for video..in
vlc I see 4 streams 2 each for a/v I wonder if that has any corelation with
the issue...
I enabled VLC logs and see following:

faad debug: AAC SBR(channels 2, sample rate:16000)
main:warning: received buffer in future

as seen in vlc
video code mp4v
frame rate: 10
audio codec: mp4a
aac ext : SBR
sampling rate: 16000hz

looks like VLC snot liking timestamp...
also why is it showing channels:2 in my application I am using 1 channel
also sample rate I used is 8khz vlc showing 16khz. pls advice

Many thanks in Advance.
Regards,
Nishesh