[Live-devel] openRTSP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Feb 23 14:40:09 PST 2010

>Therefore, we went deeper into the code until the point of the
>BasicTaskscheduler. Here we see that after calling the select
>statement in the "void BasicTaskScheduler::SingleStep(unsigned
>maxDelayTime)" function, we only get a limited number of readable
>sockets as a return value. If, for example, we have 52 media tracks,
>we create at least 104 sockets (52 for RTP and 52 for RTCP), but the
>result value is never 104 or higher, no matter how long we wait in
>between two select calls.

You might have run into an OS-imposed limit on the number of sockets
you can create within a single process.  Depending on your OS, you
might be able to increase this limit.

Is it really the case that a *single* RTSP session contains 52 audio
tracks?  Or do you have separate RTSP sessions (i.e., separate
"rtsp://" URLs) for each audio track?  If it's the latter case, then
it might make more sense to do this using several processes
(application instances) - one for each audio track - rather than
trying to do everything within a single process.