[Live-devel] RTSP trick play, extra PES packet issue...

"羅翌侁(RR)" rose.roo at sidc.com.tw
Tue Jan 5 01:03:15 PST 2010

Afternoon Ross Finlayson from live network :

Please visit our FTP site with following account information

    * IP: "60.250.38.86"
    * Username: "live555"
    * Password: "live555"

There are some MPEG2 TS files, and each one was :

   1. Mermaid.ts
          * Original MPEG2 TS file
   2. Mermaid.tsx
          * Index of #1
   3. Mermaid_FF2x_openRTSP.ts
          * FF 2x, generated from openRTSP
          * FF from 00:15 to 01:15
          * The result was almost like #4, except some broken frame
   4. Mermaid_FF2x_test.ts
          * FF 2x, generated from testMPEG2TransportStreamTrickPlay
          * FF 2x from 0:15
   5. Mermaid_FF8x_test.ts
          * FF 8x, generated from testMPEG2TransportStreamTrickPlay
          * FF 8x from 0:15
   6. Mermaid_RW2x_openRTSP.ts
          * RW 2x, generated from openRTSP
          * RW 2x from 01:15 to 00:15
          * The result was almost like #7, except some broken frame
   7. Mermaid_RW2x_test.ts
          * RW 2x, generated from testMPEG2TransportStreamTrickPlay
          * RW 2x from 01:15 to 00:00
   8. Mermaid_RW8x_test.ts
          * RW 8x, generated from testMPEG2TransportStreamTrickPlay
          * RW 8x from 01:15 to 00:00

FYR.

But also, would like to ask some questions...

After analyzed packet with WireShark(tm), we found that LIVE555 will send an
extra PES head packet in each UDP packet, and let 7 TS packet become 6
TS packet.
(to fit maximum size of 1 UDP packet)
And that caused decoder (VIA's MPEG2 SDK, with CX700M chip) can't work,
so that picture was frozen...

We'll try to push VIA if they can solve their SDK to keep it work.
But also:

   1. What reason let the extra PES packet there ?
   2. Is that possible I can modify the source code to remove it ?
          * If so, which .cpp file should I looked for ?

Any suggestions are welcome~_~

RR @ 2010/01/05