[Live-devel] parseGeneralConfigStr

Němec Alexandr a.nemec at atlas.cz
Thu Jan 7 23:17:44 PST 2010

Hi Ross,

1. Thanks for your reply. Just for anybody who wants to receive the correct mpeg4 configuration header, the solution is simple.

One must replace

configSize = (strlen(configStr)+1)/2 + 1;

with

configSize = (strlen(configStr)+1)/2;

to receive the correct length. Next (to prevent a NULL return value) the i variable must only be incremented on parseSuccess.

parseSuccess = getByte(configStr, config[i++]);

can be replaced with

parseSuccess = getByte(configStr, config[i]);
if (parseSuccess) i++;

Then the correct mpeg4 configuration header will be returned.

2. I have a second question about live555 stability in long run tests. We plan to use live555 (the client side) to receive and record streams from cameras with built-in RTSP servers. I am not aware of any other RTSP/RTP implementation that we could use, I think there are not many of them out there for the client side (GPL or commercial) or did I overlook any robust RTSP/RTP implementations? What we plan to do is to use a camera to monitor a building construction for example saving one image per minute to be able to make a fast running presentation video after one year showing how the building has been constructed. So we need the RTSP client to run very stable for long running periods (maybe a year). Even a minimal memory leak would be a problem. Does anybody have experience with running RTSP client for very long time to receive media? Are there any known stability problems or memory leaks or whatever on the client side? Thanks for any comment.

Best regards
Alex