[Live-devel] Question about rtsp session behaviours

umit sivri sivrumit at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 6 00:44:53 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I am developing an rtsp client for cameras and encountered a strange situation
while changing stream settings on cameras.

After changing a stream setting, axis3301 continues sending old stream frames
for a period of time and sends changed-setting-frames only when we open a new
rtsp session.
Bosch, however, sends new session frames from existing session, changing
incoming frames; thus, continuing to receive frames from existing session is
enough to get changed-setting-frames.

I was wondering if this is standard behaviour. I've looked into RTSP responses
from cameras but could not progress so far.
Can I distinguish behaviours above from any of the RTSP responses?
Any hint would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Umit