[Live-devel] live555 rtsp server

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jul 9 02:04:50 PDT 2010

>i am using mediaServer to develop one rtsp server with realtime
>video stream show.
>
>but when i finished coding.and begun to test.
>
>i found it hardly run well when lots of clients connect in.
>
>i check your code and found . there is only one thread to poll the event.

If you had read the FAQ - as you were asked to before you subscribed
to this mailing list - then you would already have known this without
having to look at the code :-)

>  so how to use mutithread type run your event loop?

You don't.  (Read the FAQ!)  LIVE555 applications use a
single-threaded event loop - rather than threads - for concurrency.

However, this is irrelevant, because I very much doubt that the
performance problems with your server are due to it being CPU-bound.
Instead, it's more likely that your problem is either (i) your
available network bandwidth, or (ii) OS-imposed limits on the number
of open sockets (if so, you can probably increase these limits by
reconfiguring your OS).